As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. All claims are strictly my personal opinion.
With a long history of superb vacuum cleaners, it only made sense for Shark to expand into the robot vacuum market – and so they did with tremendous success as you’ll quickly realize by reading the Shark Ion robot vacuum reviews in this article.
Their vacuuming expertise coupled with their knack for innovation beautifully translates into their Shark Ion robot vacuum line, resulting in some truly awesome models that offer power, performance and stunning construction quality at very attractive prices.
Top 3 Shark ION Robot Vacuums Reviews
Let’s take an in-depth look at the models that are, in our opinion, the best Shark ION units. These thorough Shark ION robot vacuum reviews will give you a clear overview of what each unit has to offer and how they differ from one another.
SHARK ION Robot Vacuum R85 WiFi-Connected with Powerful Suction, XL Dust Bin, Self-Cleaning Brushroll and Voice Control with Alexa or Google Assistant (RV850)
The Shark ION R85 is an upgrade on the R75. The Max mode now delivers a lot more suction power than the R75 did. Plus, the dust cup or dust bin in the R85 is bigger as well, which means it cleans more efficiently and can hold a larger amount of dust at a time. This Shark Ion robot vacuum review will provide you a balanced perspective about the R85.
- The Max mode delivers three times the suction power of the R75
- It’s equipped with a spinning, self-cleaning brush roll
- It also has dual spinning side brushes
- Smart Sensor Navigation 2.0 has upgraded the navigation system and allows the R85 to avoid obstacles and objects in the room
- The Shark Clean app allows you to control and operate the R85 remotely
- You can set cleaning schedules and switch on or switch off the R85 with the app
- It’s compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant, which enables voice commands
- It’s equipped with XL dust cup
- One 8 feet BotBoundary strip is provided with the R85
- Dimensions of the R85 are 12.8 inches x 12.5 inches x 3.4 inches
- The brush roll is particularly good at cleaning up pet hair
- A lot of debris gets collected in the corners and edges of my living room and the side brushes on the R85 have been cleaning these up efficiently every single time
- You can preset the cleaning schedule for 7 days at a time
- It cleans deep-pile carpets as well
- The magnetic boundary strip have proved to be ineffective, because the R85 I’m using doesn’t detect it and drags it along
- I’ve also had issues with the R85 finding its way back to the charging dock on a number of occasions
Shark ION Robot Dual-Action Robot Vacuum Cleaner with +1 Hour of Cleaning Time, Smart Sensor Navigation and Remote Control (RV720)
Shark is a well-known name in the upright vacuum cleaners market. Its range of robot vacuums are slowly capturing attention as well. The Shark ION RV720 is efficient cleaning machine. This Shark ION robot vacuum review will provide you with a comprehensive look at its various features, along with a look at the advantages and drawbacks. This will enable you to make an informed decision.
- It has a signature self-cleaning brushroll that’s provided on a number of Shark robot vacuums
- Dual spinning side brushes for cleaning dirt and debris collected in corners and along edges
- Smart Sensor Navigation helps the RV720 find its way around a room while it’s cleaning
- Proximity sensors help it avoid obstacles
- Run time on full-charge is up to 60 minutes
- Remote control provided for scheduling cleaning sessions
- A 9-foot BotBoundary strip included with the RV720
- Detachable dust bin for easy disposal of trapped dust, dirt and debris and easy cleaning
- Dimensions of the RV720 are 12.6 inches x 12.6 inches x 2.6 inches
- The brush roll of the RV720 is excellent. It’s particularly good with pet hair, but does a more than decent job of cleaning hard floors
- The programmable remote control allows you to preset a cleaning schedule, including both days and time
- I’ve noticed a marked difference in indoor air quality after using the RV720, as it removes tiny dust particles and allergens really effectively
- The fact that the RV720 isn’t compatible with the Shark Clean app or provide the option of voice commands is disappointing. The remote is decent, but doesn’t have the same set of features that the app offers
- While it picks up dust, dirt and pet hair efficiently, the boundary strips aren’t effective and RV720 gets stuck quite a few times
SHARK ION Robot Vacuum R75 WiFi-Connected, Voice Control Dual-Action for Carpet and Hard Floors, Works with Alexa (RV750)
- It’s equipped with self-cleaning brush roll
- Dual spinning side brushes
- Smart sensor navigation and proximity sensors similar to the RV720
- Up to 60 minutes of run time
- Compatible with the Shark Clean app, which allows you schedule cleaning sessions
- It’s compatible with Amazon Alexa and accepts voice commands
- A 9-foot BotBoundary magnetic strip is included
- The helix-pattern high-tensile bristles on brush roll enables the R75 to clean hard floors and carpets/rugs equally well
- Pet hair was one of my biggest concerns and this Shark robot vacuum, like the others, doesn’t give a chance to complain
- Except for getting stuck in the really thick carpets, the R75 navigates really well
- The price difference between the R85 and R75 is very little, so it doesn’t make sense to invest in the R75 over the R85
- The R75 has failed to follow the schedule a few times. I thought it was an issue with my device, but others have complained about the same
As you can see, the Shark Ion robot vacuum line is fantastic in both price and quality, really giving it an edge and boost of popularity in such a competitive market. Their robots have steadily increased in quality and surely the next ones will be even better than the already great ones they have today.
Thank you for reading these Shark Ion robot vacuum reviews and as always – have a great day!