As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. All claims are strictly my personal opinion.
Classic, gorgeous and ever-popular, hardwood floors bring a warm, classy look to any home and thankfully, due to our modern times, have never been easier to clean! Even though these floors are notorious for needing regular cleaning (as dust and hairs really pop out), the best robot vacuums for hardwood floors ideally make all the hard work and wasted time a thing of the past – simply set them up, sit back and let the robots do all the work while you relax and go about your day.
Now, there are a lot of fantastic choices out there, as we’ve seen on our personal top list of the best robot vacuums, and choosing the right one can be a daunting task – that’s where we come in. We’ve closely tested, reviewed and compared all the top robot vacuums to find out which ones are the best at cleaning hardwood floors. From their performance to helpful features and pricing, we’ve found the very best ones – in our view – and will now share them with you, making it easier for you to find the perfect one. Let’s dive right in!
Best Robot Vacuums for Hardwood Floors Comparison
Let’s take a look at all the units that are, in our opinion, the best robot vacuums for hardwood floors, thoroughly compared.
|Robot Vacuum||iRobot Roomba S9 (9150) Robot Vacuum||iRobot Roomba 980 Robot Vacuum||Roborock S5 Robotic Vacuum Cleaner||iRobot Roomba 960 Robot Vacuum||iRobot Roomba 690 Robot Vacuum||eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 30C Robot Vacuum||Amarey Robot Vacuum|
|Suction Power||2500 Pa||1700 Pa||2000 Pa||1000 Pa||600 Pa||1500 Pa||1400 Pa|
|Run Time||120 Minutes||120 Minutes||150 minutes||75 minutes||90 Minutes||60 Minutes||100 Minutes|
|Alexa & Google|
|Warranty||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year|
Best Robot Vacuums for Hardwood Floors Reviews
Here you can read in-depth reviews of all machines that we personally consider to be the best robot vacuums for hardwood floors after our testing, giving you key insights into what they have to offer and how they differ from one another. This will make it easy for you to find the perfect one for your home.
iRobot Roomba S9 (9150) Robot Vacuum- Wi-Fi Connected, Smart Mapping, Powerful Suction, Works with Alexa, Ideal for Pet Hair, Carpets, Hard Floors, Corners
With thunderous power, an incredibly elegant design and unbeatable cleaning performance, the Roomba S9 comes storming into the market claiming to be the cream of the crop – and after a few bouts of testing, I’ve gotta say that they’re right.
Apart from all the advanced features you’ve come to expect from the brand’s high-end models such as smart navigation, ultra-accurate mapping, voice controls, wi-fi connection and triple-stage cleaning, you also get unique, standout attributes that make this unit fly above the rest. From its unbelievable 2500 Pa of suction power and the extra-potent battery, to the stunning craftsmanship on display both inside and out and even to the impressive new straight-edge design (that makes it perfect for tackling corners), every prowess and strength of iRobot has been poured into making this machine.
To top it all off it also has a large dustbin, auto-recharges its battery when needed and resumes where it left off, has highly advanced settings and scheduling options through its app and the cleaning capabilities and performance are mind blowing be it on hardwood floors, carpets, tile and with dirt, dust, pet hair or anything else you can throw at it.
If you’ve got to absolutely make sure that no dust, dirt, hair and other debris is present on your floors and want to do so in the most effortless, elegant and modern way possible then this is the machine for you. Fairly expensive? Yes. But it’s also, in our opinion, one of the very best robot vacuums for hardwood floors ever made.
iRobot Roomba 980 Robot Vacuum- Wi-Fi Connected Mapping, Works with Alexa, Ideal for Pet Hair, Carpets, Hard Floors
In the past few years, I have seen the iRobot range grow from something very niche to a widely-accepted household name. And every time a new Roomba is on the market, people’s expectations go up. The Roomba 980 was one of these times and boy did it pay off – while it still has the classic look of all the Roombas released previously, it has a new, more modern slick looking design and under its hood it holds beastly power and performance that puts it miles above the older series.
The 980 is equipped with an auto-adjust cleaning head which adjusts its height in order to keep the multi-surface brushes in close contact with the surface of the floor, making cleaning more effective. It is also equipped with a full set of sensors that makes it easier for it to navigate to hard-to-reach places, around furniture and under beds. Besides the long battery life, phone app controls, automatic recharge and voice control that we’ve come to get used to, it brings a new level of suction and cleaning to the table, delivering a massive boost to power and performance that makes it capable of eliminating all dust, dirt and debris from any type of floor or carpets. It’s also insanely well crafted and expertly built, ensuring it lasts a lifetime. An absolutely excellent model from iRobot that sets the bar high for the competition. It’s in our opinion another one of the very best robot vacuums for hardwood floors and for your home in general.
- Cleans areas that need concentrated cleaning (areas with high traffic) with the superior Dirt Detection technology
- Has a 3-Stage Cleaning System and switches to a very powerful 10x suction on carpets and rugs for thorough cleaning
- The enhanced iRobot software lets you schedule Roomba’s cleaning and shows maps of the areas cleaned
- Very long battery life; can clean for up to 2 hours
- The Wi-Fi support means you can schedule, supervise and verify tasks from anywhere, such as your office without needing to monitor it
- Has tangle-free extractors which will prevent debris and hair jams
- Thorough cleaning; very convenient to use
- Can be voice controlled via Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa, increasing the utility of the 980
- Some customers have complained that the 980 makes a racket while in operation
- The Roomba 980 could be too expensive for some customers
Roborock S5 Robotic Vacuum and Mop Cleaner, 2000Pa Power Suction, Wi-Fi Connectivity and Smart Navigation for Pet Hair, Carpet & Hard Floors
At first glance, I may have dismissed the Roborock S5, thinking “oh, just another robotic vacuum cleaner.” But after I read that telecom giant Xiaomi had invested in the smaller company, I sat up, took notice and decided to give it a try. To my surprise, there are certainly a few things that make this robot stand apart from “me-too” clones. To begin with, it does not look cheap, but what surprised me the most was that it not only performed beautifully well but that it was also very competitively priced.
The S5 glides effortlessly on hardwood floors as it does on many other types of flooring and uses a smart navigation system for planning schedules and routes. It can also get under surfaces lower than 2 cm, can both vacuum and mop and is able to stop itself from sliding down the stairs. My favorite features are its deeply powerful suction and its unmatched battery capacity – this thing can run for hours without needing a recharge, all while cleaning your floors with true power. An highly impressive bang for the buck option that redefines the landscape for Roomba’s competition. In terms of sheer value, it’s likely the best robot vacuum for hardwood floors that you can get, in our view.
- Sweeping and mopping are synchronized and it cleans thoroughly
- Equipped with 2000Pa strong suction and multi-mode system that makes it great on any floor type
- There is a carpet mode which will identify if it encounters a carpet, and goes to work on it using pressurization and maximum suction
- Great navigation system generates real-time maps
- The S5 has a very slim profile which makes it easy to get under beds and sofas easily
- A 5,200 mAH battery means it can run on for very long times, almost 150 minutes
- For the features and build quality, this product is great value for money
- Perfect for cleaning hardwood floors
- Some customers have complained that the product is unable to dock itself properly sometimes
- Still missing the high level of quality, dependability and features that the iRobot Roomba units deliver
iRobot Roomba 960 Robot Vacuum- Wi-Fi Connected Mapping, Works with Alexa, Ideal for Pet Hair, Carpets, Hard Floors
What I like about the 960, apart from the incredible price to quality ratio, is the 3-Stage Cleaning System that is effective on the toughest dirt on all kinds of floor types, including hardwood floors. This feature alone puts it, in our opinion, among the best robot vacuums for hardwood floors. The best part is that to get the 960 up and running, you don’t even have to assemble it like some other vacuum cleaners; simply get it out of the box, charge it up and let it rip.
The 960 is equipped with the iAdapt 2.0 Navigation system that lets it map its surroundings so that it can go ahead and clean an entire level of your house. That way, you’re able to track what the robot has been up to and what is next on its “mind”. It also has advanced detangling capabilities that make it – in our opinion – the best robot vacuum for hardwood floors and pet hair alike. The construction quality, design and general features are all excellent – as expected from the 900 series – and it’s available at an affordable price when compared to the flagship 980. It’s a superb choice if you want to get the beauty, power and performance of the top tier 900 series at a more reduced rate.
- Multi-surface dual brushes make it ideal for use on any surface such as hardwood floors
- Power-Lifting Suction that delivers 5x the air power for improved performance
- iAdapt Navigation system that lets the 960 map its surroundings for accurate cleaning
- Can be scheduled to perform tasks any time of the day, from anywhere
- Great value for money considering the quality of the 960
- Keeps track of areas which have yet to be cleaned
- Maneuvers deftly around obstacles and furniture
- Quiet operation; much quieter than traditional stick vacuum cleaners
- Some customers are not very impressed with the run time of 70 minutes
- Other customers have said that the 960 cannot work without being monitored
eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 30, 1500Pa Suction, Quiet, Self-Charging Robotic Vacuum Cleaner with Boundary Strips, Cleans Hard Floors to Medium-Pile Carpets
I have always been attracted to the superslim models that eufy manufacturers and the Robovac 30c is no exception because it is no different from its predecessors in that department. The major difference is the suction which, at 1,500Pa, is quite powerful. It now also boasts of Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant support, making it easier for the user to communicate with the robot with minimum effort, which is an outstanding upgrade compared with its previous versions.
The Robovac 30c is equipped with a 0.6-liter dustbin which allows it to pick up more dirt as it cleans without the need of emptying it occasionally. Other great things I like about this robot is the really quiet operation it offers and the full 100 minutes of cleaning, which makes it – in our opinion – one of the best robot vacuums for hardwood floors if you’re on a budget.
- It is able to achieve all tasks with a simple tap on your smartphone
- Its slim design makes it easy for it to get under furniture and beds
- Equipped with dual-hall sensors that make it clean only the areas you want
- 3-Point Cleaning System and 1,500Pa suction power
- Very silent operation because of the brushless motor
- Great value for money considering the features and accessories that it presents
- Great battery power; can run up to 100 minutes uninterrupted
- The usability is increased because of the integration with Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa.
- Some customers have complained that the machine refuses to budge without a Wi-Fi connection
- Other customers have complained that the robot stopped working after just a few months
iRobot Roomba 690 Robot Vacuum-Wi-Fi Connectivity, Works with Alexa, Good for Pet Hair, Carpets, Hard Floors, Self-Charging
What I love about the 690 is that despite being a low-cost model, it comes with a ton of high-end features such as Wi-Fi connectivity, the ability to work with the iRobot HOME app, compatibility with Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa, along with the flexibility to schedule from anywhere. It is equipped with the patented Dirt Detection technology which tells it to go to high-traffic areas, making the cleaning more effective.
It comes with one Dual-mode Wall Barrier which will let you decide where the 690 will go to work and where it won’t. It even has a bumper ring, which means that if it runs into a wall, it will bounce back right up without taking any damage and continue working uninterrupted. It is, in our opinion, one of the best robot vacuums for hardwood floors if you’re on a strict budget but still want solid performance and the classic quality that a Roomba delivers.
- Works on carpeted and hardwood floors with equal ease
- Equipped with an auto-adjust cleaning head
- Dirt Detect technology for effective and thorough cleaning
- Dual Mode Virtual Wall barrier for complete control
- You can schedule tasks using iRobot app
- Works with Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa
- Can work uninterrupted for 90 minutes before returning to its dock and charging
- Very easy-to-use app
- Makes less noise compared with other Roomba models
- Some customers have observed that the 690 sometimes gets stuck randomly
- Other customers feel that the product has difficulty finding the charging dock and needs a “guiding hand”
Amarey Robotic Vacuum Cleaner, Long Lasting, Timer, Self-Charging, Multiple Cleaning Modes for Pet Hair, Hardwood Floors, Carpet
The Amarey A800 features a slim and stylish design that reminded me of the eufy models, but this model is noticeably thinner. But that is where the similarity ends because the A800 is surprisingly remarkably powerful at 1,400Pa putting it on par with some top-of-the-line models by other manufacturers. The A-800 features a great navigation system which lets it go methodically about its cleaning path, carefully avoiding any obstacles that it may encounter on the way. I was also impressed with the smooth transition it makes from hardwood to carpet without any hesitation.
The cleaning operation is quite thorough and that is very heartening to see in a budget vacuum cleaning robot. In short, this is – in our opinion – one of the best robot vacuum cleaners for hardwood floors in the more affordable category due to its very efficient performance.
- This robot can perform cleaning operations for up to 100 minutes without being interrupted
- The use of washable filters is a great addition that would save you on replacements
- Offers 4 cleaning features, namely Edge Cleaning, Spot Cleaning, Max and Automatic
- Provides collision protection
- Its super thin design makes it easy for cleaning under beds or around furniture
- Offers smooth operation and it is very silent in its operation, you will hardly notice it is there
- Transitions very smoothly and easily from carpet to hardwood floors
- Very competitively priced if you compare it with some other products in this price category
- Great suction power leads to powerful cleaning
- Lack of Wi-Fi and Alexa and Google support may be a deterrent for some customers
- Some customers have complained that the product stopped working after a few months
ILIFE V5s Pro Robot Vacuum Mop Cleaner with Water Tank, Automatic Sweeping Scrubbing Mopping Floor Cleaning Robot
Just like the Amarey A800 robot vacuum, the iLife V5S Pro is a budget-friendly model that I am fond of. And what surprises me is the ton of features that it presents for such a low cost. For one, it has a 2-in-1 mop and vacuum functionality that we have seen only in some of the costlier models from other manufacturers. The makers have thrown in some nifty features such as auto-recharge and a smart navigation system. And the best part? It has been specifically designed to clean and mop hard floors, so that makes it great for your hardwood flooring.
For a low-priced model such as this, I did not have many expectations, but the iLife V5S Pro really surprised me. It offers 4 cleaning modes such as Auto, Spot, Scheduled and Edge Clean which I have only seen in a few select models. There is also a “Max” mode which increases the suction power to clean those stubborn dust particles. For the price, it’s very impressive.
- Equipped with a TPU bumper and an obstacle sensor that will protect your robot and your furniture
- Can climb at 15 degrees and a height of 10 mm
- Has a very low-profile design, making it easier to clean around the furniture and under the beds
- i-dropping technology that makes mopping more reliable and efficient
- Really competitively priced, packs in features that are common in high-end models from other manufacturers
- Really quiet operation so you can put it to work even as you go to sleep
- The powerful battery makes it possible for you to use the iLife V5S Pro for more than 140 minutes
- Saves energy and money because this robot doubles up as a great mop as well
- Some customers may find the lack of floor mapping a bit disappointing
- The cleaning of the filters after every cleaning can be tedious
With these cleaning companions by your side, your hardwood floors are guaranteed to always look beautiful, effortlessly. Enjoy your day and the newly found extra time while the robot does its job effectively, leaving behind a stunning result without all the hard work of manual cleaning.
Leave your thoughts in the comments section below and let us know which robot you ended up getting. Thanks as always for reading and have yourself a great day!