As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. All claims are strictly my personal opinion.
As lovable, cute and fun as they are, our beloved dogs always leave a messy trail of hair wherever they go. Cleaning after your dog can quickly become tiring as it’s often a daily, never-ending task. Thankfully, the wonders of the modern days have brought us a solution – robot vacuums! Even better, some are specifically made to easily and effectively deal with pet hair, making them the perfect solution for dog-owners. The best robot vacuums for dog hair should combine the power, design and ease of use of regular models with tailor-made features that make them excel at dealing with dog hair, resulting in the ultimate weapon against hours of cleaning.
Our top picks for the best robot vacuums for pet hair that we’ve taken a look at previously are exactly the ones that can best deal with dog hair too, as expected. All of the units below have been thoroughly tested and compared on a variety of floors and settings, ensuring that they deserve a place at the top. Their design, power and performance are unbeatable when it comes to cleaning dog hairs and their attractive price is the cherry on top. Let’s dive right in and find the perfect one for you!
Best Robot Vacuums for Dog Hair Comparison
Let’s take a look at a thorough comparison of our personal picks for the best robot vacuums for dog hair.
|Robot Vacuum||iRobot Roomba 980 Robot Vacuum||Roborock S5 Robotic Vacuum Cleaner||iRobot Roomba 960 Robot Vacuum||iRobot Roomba 890 Robot Vacuum||bObsweep Pet Hair Plus Robotic Vacuum||iRobot Roomba 690 Robot Vacuum||Roborock E20 Robot Vacuum Cleaner||SHARK ION Robot Vacuum R75||eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 11S Robot Vacuum|
|Suction Power||1700 Pa||2000 Pa||1000 Pa||1000 Pa||1500 Pa||600 Pa||1800 Pa||1000 Pa||1300 Pa|
|Run Time||120 Minutes||150 minutes||75 minutes||75 minutes||60 Minutes||90 Minutes||60 Minutes||60 Minutes||100 Minutes|
|Pet Hair Features||Tangle-Free Design + HEPA Filter||Tangle-Free Design + HEPA Filter||Tangle-Free Design + HEPA Filter||Tangle-Free Design + HEPA Filter||Tangle-Free Design + HEPA Filter + Large Dustbin||Tangle-Free Design + Regular Filter||Tangle-Free Design + HEPA Filter||Tangle-Free Design + Regular Filter||HEPA Filter|
|Alexa & Google|
|Warranty||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year||2 years||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year|
Best Robot Vacuums for Dog Hair Reviews
Below you can read in-depth reviews of, in our opinion, the best robot vacuums for dog hair. This will give you a thorough look at all the machines and let you know exactly what they have to offer.
Roborock S5 Robotic Vacuum and Mop Cleaner for Dog Hair, Carpet & Hard Floors, 2000Pa Suction, Wi-Fi Connectivity and Smart Navigation
I am impressed with the robot’s responsiveness and the fact that it can be controlled using a smartphone via the Mi Home app, which is loaded with other features such as map saving, setting no-go zones, direction control or spot cleaning. It’s also compatible with iOS, Android and Alexa voice control and it not only features incredibly powerful suction but it also has one of the most potent batteries on the market, ensuring it runs and runs without needing to stop. A fantastic bang for the buck ratio is the cherry on top of this wonderful machine.
- A smart navigation system that is among the best in its class
- Multi-mode system and 2000Pa strong suction
- 12-month manufacturer’s warranty
- 5,200mAh battery capacity that can last for as long as 150 minutes
- Can be controlled through both iOS and Android devices and through Alexa voice control
- Navigates through tight spaces easily
- Can avoid being hit by obstacles
- Has omnidirectional wheels and brushes that do not get tangled in dog hair
- Some customers have notice that the product can sometimes have docking problems
iRobot Roomba 960 Robot Vacuum – Wi-Fi Connected Mapping, Works with Alexa, Ideal for Pet Hair, Carpets, Hard Floors
The popular Roomba 960 has about 5x the suction power when compared to the classic 600 series, as well as featuring a clean, beautiful design and fantastic cleaning performance when dealing with pet hair and dirt from the floors.
This is one of iRobot’s more popular models and for good reason; it offers a 3-Stage Cleaning System which promises to clean the seen and unseen dirt on your floors as well as delivering a mountain of quality at a very competitive price. Like other products in the same category, the 960 actions can be controlled and scheduled via an app. In my opinion, it’s one of the very best robot vacuums for dog hair and in general as well.
- 5 times more powerful than some other models
- Intuitive navigation system remembers the cleaned and uncleaned areas
- A 3-Stage Cleaning System that is perfect for houses with dogs
- Moves across different floor types easily
- Can return to the charging dock on its own
- Has a suitably low profile to clean under furniture easily
- Tasks can be scheduled from anywhere using the iRobot HOME app
- Can sense stairs to prevent itself from falling from stairs
- None so far
The unit comes with a fully-functional remote control device that lets you take control of navigation and you can schedule cleaning jobs up to 7 days in advance (you can also achieve this using the buttons on the device itself). It is equipped with a very strong vacuum which is capable of sucking dirt out of rugs, carpets and laminates among others.
- Bright, easy-to-follow display screen
- Comes with a microfiber mop attachment
- Equipped with ultraviolet light to clean unseen particles
- Has a large 1,100ml dustbin
- Can keep away from stairs using sensors
- Mop pads are washable and reusable
- Returns to the dock when low on battery
- Smart scheduling puts it ahead of the competition
- It can get stuck in some places due to its bulky design
- Does not have Wi-Fi connection like some other cleaners
iRobot Roomba 890 Robot Vacuum- Wi-Fi Connected, Works with Alexa, Ideal for Dog Hair, Carpets, Hard Floors
It boasts of strong build quality and uses a 3-Stage Cleaning System like some other models — first loosening the dog hair and dust from the floor and then suctioning it. This puts it among the best robot vacuums for dog hair on the market, in my view.
- Equipped with multi-surface brushes for carpets and floors
- Has a high-efficiency filter that captures nearly 99% allergens, pollen and dog hair
- Works harder on high traffic zones in the house
- Can be voice-controlled via Alexa
- Cliff detectors stop it from falling off stairs
- Compatible with Google Assistant; can be scheduled using an app
- Can clean tirelessly for up to 90 minutes on a full charge
- Tells you when to clean its dustbin
- Some customers have noted that it can be fairly loud when operating
iRobot Roomba 690 Robot Vacuum-Wi-Fi Connectivity, Works with Alexa, Good for Dog Hair, Carpets, Hard Floors, Self-Charging
It has some features that are available on the higher-end models such as app and Alexa voice control. This could be easily your first robot vacuum if you have never used one.
- The sleek design makes it possible to clean under any furniture
- Comes with an intuitive virtual wall
- Clean, clear interface; keeps a lifetime performance log
- Comes with a lot of accessories such as line cord, filter, wall barrier and a charging station
- Entry-level cleaner with high-end features
- Easy-to-use app
- Works flawlessly with Alexa
- Effective for picking up dog hair
- Some people feel that the navigation on the 690 is sub-par when compared to the newer models
I like the fact that it is entirely automatic and all I have to do is program it to clean the house when I am away, and it needs no further prompting.
- Triple-Action Cleaning System
- Cleans any surface with ease
- Powerful suction to clean up dog hair
- Sensors tell the vacuum when battery levels are low
- Attractive pricing
- Cleans consistently
- Provides up to 100 minutes of cleaning
- Cleans very well in corners
- Some customers say that it bumps into obstacles
- Other customers may not like the lack of mobile or app control
Roborock E20 Robot Vacuum Cleaner Sweeping and Mopping for Dust and Dog Hair, App Control, Route Planning
I was immediately interested in the E20 because of the very attractive price factor and the premium features it offers. It is an efficient worker and is on par with a lot of high-end models and at 1,800Pa, packs in enough suction power suitable for a small family with a dog.
- Claims to be 30% faster than others in the same category
- Uses dual gyroscopes and optical motion tracking sensors
- Can automatically identify carpets
- 13 onboard sensors for various tasks
- Can be controlled via Mi Home app
- The manufacturer offers a 1-year warranty
- Can both vacuum and mop
- Washable filters for longer life
- Some have said that it has sub-par customer support
- Other customers feel that the instructions are very vague
SHARK ION Robot Vacuum R75 WiFi-Connected, Voice Control Dual-Action for Carpet and Hard Floors, Works with Alexa (RV750)
What surprised me most about this robot cleaner from Shark was that for a new entrant in the market, it offers technology that rivals the leading players like iRobot. And the fact that it is cheaper than most available models doesn’t hurt either. Let’s see how this one fares against the competition.
- Detangling technology for those hidden dog hair
- Intelligent mapping technology
- Has a flat design to go under furniture
- Easily-detachable dustbin
- Clean using your smartphone or via Alexa voice control
- Can clean for up to 1 hour
- Board sensors identify obstacles easily
- Has a quiet operation
- Some customers say that the robot disconnects from the Wi-Fi randomly
eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 11S Robot Vacuum Cleaner, Quiet, Self-Charging, Cleans Hard Floors, Dog Hair, Medium-Pile Carpets
I set up the Robovac 11s within minutes of getting my hands on it and it was ready to go after a couple of hours of charge. The lack of Wi-Fi somewhat baffled me since it is pretty standard for robot vacuums, but the less tech-savvy will probably rejoice in the remote-controlled movement.
- 1,300Pa of suction power
- Triple filter system
- Detects when more suction power is needed
- Anti-scratch glass top cover
- Worry-free 12-month manufacturer’s warranty
- Fairly large dustbin for non-stop cleaning
- Makes no noise while cleaning
- A ton of accessories bundled with the product
- Some customers say that it’s unable to find the dock on its own sometimes
Amarey Robotic Vacuum Cleaner, Long Lasting, Timer, Self-Charging, Multiple Cleaning Modes for Pet Hair, Hard Floor, Carpet
I am amazed at the suction power of the A800, which, at 1,500Pa can clean off debris or dust off the floor easily. Does that make it worthy of being considered one of the best robot vacuum for dog hair? Let’s find out. Like some products featured here, it is devoid of Wi-Fi or any apps but promises to clean your floors pretty efficiently – and through testing it has shown that it does.
- 4 through cleaning modes
- Compact design, no need to rearrange furniture
- 360° anti-drop and anti-collision technology
- 3-layer filters
- Great, consistent performance
- Very easy to install
- Low price compared with other robots
- Installs within minutes
- Some customers have noted that sometimes it keeps going in circles
- Other customers feel that it does not clean thoroughly enough
Now you can finally say goodbye to the daunting task of cleaning dog hairs from your floor constantly – simply set these up, let them do the work and enjoy your newfound free time. We hope you’ve found your new robot vacuum for dog hair cleaning and don’t forget to get an accompanying treat for your dog!
Thanks for reading and let us know below which unit you got and what your thoughts are on it. See you on the next one!