As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. All claims are strictly my personal opinion.
Anyone that has a pet knows just how incredibly messy things can get – in the midst of all the lovable, chaotic fun that we love our dogs and cats for, they always leave a trail of hair on the floor that can quickly become overwhelming to clean. Thankfully, these days there’s a quick and easy solution to maintain a perfectly clean floor – robot vacuums for pet hair! Tailor-made to deal with dog and cat hairs, the best robot vacuum cleaners for pet hair are, in our view, the perfect choice for pet lovers that want all the fun without all the cleaning.
Even though the competition is fierce, as we’ve seen in our general best robot vacuums list, we’ve managed to boil down the contenders to an excellent, highly-focused selection of what we consider to be the very best robot vacuum cleaners for pet hair we’ve ever tested. They have different features, designs and price-points but all of them are guaranteed to look and perform like the high-quality tools they are, all while being attractively priced. Let’s take a look at the models and find the right one for you!
Best Robot Vacuums for Pet Hair Comparison
These are, in our opinion, the best robot vacuum cleaners for pet hair on the market, thoroughly compared for you.
|Robot Vacuum||iRobot Roomba 980 Robot Vacuum||Roborock S5 Robotic Vacuum Cleaner||iRobot Roomba 960 Robot Vacuum||iRobot Roomba 890 Robot Vacuum||bObsweep Pet Hair Plus Robotic Vacuum||iRobot Roomba 690 Robot Vacuum||Roborock E20 Robot Vacuum Cleaner||SHARK ION Robot Vacuum R75||eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 11S Robot Vacuum|
|Suction Power||1700 Pa||2000 Pa||1000 Pa||1000 Pa||1500 Pa||600 Pa||1800 Pa||1000 Pa||1300 Pa|
|Run Time||120 Minutes||150 minutes||75 minutes||75 minutes||60 Minutes||90 Minutes||60 Minutes||60 Minutes||100 Minutes|
|Pet Hair Features||Tangle-Free Design + HEPA Filter||Tangle-Free Design + HEPA Filter||Tangle-Free Design + HEPA Filter||Tangle-Free Design + HEPA Filter||Tangle-Free Design + HEPA Filter + Large Dustbin||Tangle-Free Design + Regular Filter||Tangle-Free Design + HEPA Filter||Tangle-Free Design + Regular Filter||HEPA Filter|
|Alexa & Google|
|Warranty||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year||2 years||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year|
Best Robot Vacuums for Pet Hair Reviews
Let’s take an in-depth look at all the top robot vacuums for pet hair, letting you know exactly what each one has to offer and making it easy to find the perfect one for your home.
iRobot Roomba 980 Robot Vacuum – Wi-Fi Connected Mapping, Works with Alexa, Ideal for Pet Hair, Carpets, Hard Floors
With 1700 Pa of suction power, a 3-stage cleaning system and effective detangling to boot, this excellent machine not only flawlessly cleans your home but also absolutely decimates any pet hair and due to its HEPA filter it ensures that your air is nice and breathable too.
It runs for 120 minutes in a single charge and if it ever needs to recharge it does so automatically, resuming right where it left off after it’s fully powered. It has all the bells and whistles you’d expect from a top-tier modern Roomba – from intelligent mapping to wi-fi connectivity, an excellent phone app and Alexa/Google Assistant voice controls – and tops it all off with a level of craftsmanship and attention to detail that only iRobot can deliver.
It’s slick, it’s powerful and its advanced set of features make it – in our opinion – one of the very best robot vacuums for pet hair that you can ever get your hands on. Excellence.
Roborock S5 Robotic Vacuum and Mop Cleaner for Pet Hair, Carpet & Hard Floors, Power Suction, Wi-Fi Connectivity and Smart Navigation
This elegant and incredibly intelligent unit from Roborock focuses on delivering a top tier experience at a fantastically affordable price and it does so successfully! It can cross things that are lower than 2 cm, doubles up as a mopping robot and besides having multiple modern features, this robot can also be controlled by an app and has an incredible mapping system. It also has all the standard design features that other robots in this category do, such as self-recharging, bump rail, multiple sensors, a charging dock and the main and side brushes.
What I love about this robot is the attention to detail which the manufacturers have not ignored. There are easily accessible buttons which let you do simple tasks such as sending the robot on its way or spot cleaning. And it is even more customizable when are you are accessing it through the well-designed app by Xiaomi that is available for iOS, Android and Alexa voice control. It’s also impressively powerful and has one of the most potent batteries I’ve ever seen on a unit (5200 mAh), making it a worthy contender for the top spot – in my opinion – as the best robot vacuum for pet hair and carpets. Let’s see some features of this great machine!
- Comes with a powerful 5,200 mAh battery that is capable of running the robot for 150 minutes
- Intelligent auto-charging feature, great navigation system
- Self-adjusting blades keep the dirt from flying
- Comes with a 1-year warranty
- Can climb over thresholds or obstacles of 2 cm, equipped with special carpet pressurization for automatically identifying a carpet
- This robot can get into tight places
- You will not have to keep an eye on the robot, switch it on and forget about it
- All hard floor types can be cleaned, cleans everything in one thorough sweep
- Controllable through a Mi app that is available for Android, iOS devices and Alexa voice control
- Way ahead of other cleaning robots in its category for the price
- Some customers have complained that the charging system stopped working after a few weeks
iRobot Roomba 960 Robot Vacuum – Wi-Fi Connected Mapping, Works with Alexa, Ideal for Pet Hair, Carpets, Hard Floors
I have seen the evolution of the Roomba over the years, and it always amuses me how the name has now become synonymous with robot vacuum cleaners — if you have ever used a Roomba, you will know why. This particular model packs as much as 5x the power of the already great 600 series, resulting in a high-powered machine that can clean pet hair, deeply embedded dirt and debris with ease. This mini-wonder can map its surroundings and claims to clean as much as 99% of allergens, pollen and dust, making it ideal for you if you have pets.
The iRobot Roomba 960 comes with its own app, the iRobot Home which comes with its own preferences and is completely customizable. The robot is quite agile and maneuvers around furniture and obstacles easily. The 960 is a silent worker and you won’t know it is working until you see it in action which is always a plus. In my opinion, it’s the best robot vacuum for pet hair and hardwood floors as well as carpets – it’s an all-around beast of a machine. Let’s find out why.
- iAdapt 2.0 navigation system that lets the robot map its surroundings and clean under furniture, around objects and so on
- Catches 99% of pet allergens
- Multi-surface dual brushes that are always in contact with floors and carpets
- Saves a lot of time and effort with no manual functions to perform all tasks
- Comes with 5x power which means improved overall performance
- Smart surface detection stops the Roomba from falling or tumbling off stairs
- Very low maintenance, all you need to do is replace the dirt bag whenever needed
- Schedule your task from anywhere using the iRobot Home app
- None so far
iRobot Roomba 890 Robot Vacuum- Wi-Fi Connected, Works with Alexa, Ideal for Pet Hair, Carpets, Hard Floors
Just like the other products listed here by the same company, the iRobot Roomba 890 is a versatile beast. It packs in the same 5x air power for improved pick up and if you want to explore the Wi-Fi controlled world of robots, this one is for you. It is designed as aesthetically as other Roomba products (but not quite as good looking, I admit). But looks aside, the 890 is packed with strong features such as Wi-Fi connectivity and compatibility with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant.
The dual brushes are tangle-free (hence why this is on the best robot vacuum for pet hair list) and the 890 comes partially charged out of the box. It also features a bumper ring around it to protect it from damage when it bumps into walls and it’s incredibly well crafted all around, as expected from the brand. Let us see some other features of the 890.
- Uses a patented 3-Stage Cleaning System; a patented Dirt Detection system
- The manufacturer claims that the filters capture 99% of pollen, allergens and dust; is great for homes with pets
- Is capable of cleaning low, medium and high-pile carpeting
- Capable of cleaning for 60 minutes on a full charge
- Lets you know when the dustbin is about to be full
- Very competitively priced, way ahead of other models in this class
- Alexa and Google Assistant compatibility increases its usability
- Can be controlled from anywhere using the iRobot Home app
- Lets you restrict its movement with the help of virtual walls
- Some customers have said that the battery sometimes can’t handle 60 minutes of straight cleaning
This robotic vacuum is one of my favorites because of its cost effectiveness and the way it handles pet hair, making it, in my opinion, one of the best robot vacuums for pet hair. I like it so much that I would recommend it as your first-ever robotic vacuum because of its user friendliness. It may not be as sophisticated as the first two products on this list (it has a remote control instead of an app), but it gets the job done just fine! The bObsweep is efficiently strong and offers 4x boosted TurboLift suction that is perfect for vacuuming carpets, rugs, laminates and much more.
It also features an especially large dustbin (1,100 ml) that has been designed to collect pet hair and fur. Also, the presence of a remote control also means that you can “direct” the bOb to clean an area again or pause the progress. Let’s see the main features of this product below.
- Users can program a cleaning schedule for as long as a week
- Auto-recharge feature lets bOb return to its charging station if the battery is low
- Comes with a 2-year warranty that includes the battery and very strong customer support
- Can be used in 3 modes; touch up, auto and quick clean for your cleaning needs
- Great value for money product, costs much less than other products in this category
- Very effective on most surfaces, especially hardwood flooring and is very easy to use
- Comes with many accessories including an attachable microfiber mop
- Has a UV-C cleaning mode which helps you eliminate bacteria
- Some customers have said that it can be fairly loud
- Others also note that it can get stuck sometimes due to its bulkiness
iRobot Roomba 690 Robot Vacuum-Wi-Fi Connectivity, Works with Alexa, Good for Pet Hair, Carpets, Hard Floors, Self-Charging
The iRobot Roomba 690 is a solid all-around performer for a great price and packs in serious power for something in this price range. If you are a homeowner with cats or dogs, you will be amazed at how much fur and other debris this gadget can clean and may consider this, as we do, as one of the best robot vacuums for pet hair on the market, fairly so. What I really liked was the simple and clean design and hassle-free setup. The 690 has one button that sets it, but alternatively, you can also program it using the iRobot Home app that is fast becoming standard on all Roomba products.
If your house is more prone to dirt and has serious pet hair laying around, the 690 will make sure it’s all gone with its dirt detectors and tenacious cleaning performance. There’s a reason why it’s one of the most popular models of all time! Let’s see some features of this awesome machine.
- Equipped with Dual Mode Virtual Wall Barriers so you have greater control where the 690 cleans
- Patented Dirt Detection technology and 3-Stage Cleaning System
- Premium, sleek design that does not make it stand out like a sore thumb
- Auto-adjust cleaning head that can automatically adapt its height
- Works with Alexa and Google Assistant
- Works great for people who are struggling with pet hair
- Very competitively priced when you compare it with other models in the same category
- Bigger dust tank means more cleaning and less emptying now and then
- Some customers have complained that the 690 is unable to find its charging dock on its own
- Other customers have claimed that the product caused their floors to get scratched
The EV675 is a relatively new entrant on the market and has a feature called the Triple Action Cleaning System that is more than capable of cleaning debris and pet hair even from the edges and corners of your home. Unlike models from iRobot, the EV675 does not have Wi-Fi but is instead controlled via a remote, which some users will find more useful.
It is equipped with smart sensors to prevent it from tumbling down the stairs and can be scheduled to clean the house at a convenient time. With a good set of tangle-free brushes and the triple action cleaning system, this is a great robot vacuum for pet hair that’ll ensure clean floors and nice, breathable air. Let’s see some more features of this device.
- Long-lasting battery can do almost 100 minutes of hands-free cleaning
- Compact and lightweight design
- Has excellent pattern navigation that means it’s pretty effective for cleaning along edges
- Has cliff detection which prevents it from tumbling off stairs
- Ideal for people with more than one pet at home
- Can be used on a variety of surfaces
- Cleaning under furniture is easy with this product because of its low profile
- Very easy to use and cost effective
- Some customers have said that the charging time, at 5 hours, is too long
- Other customers have complained that it has poor suction power
Roborock E20 Robot Vacuum Cleaner Sweeping and Mopping for Pet Hair & More, Strong Suction, App Control, Route Planning, All Floor Types
This intelligent and efficient robot vacuum cleaner by Roborock promises effortless cleaning with the least amount of bumping. It offers a dual gyro system, has 13 onboard sensors that provide a multitude of advantages such as tap prevention and anti-collision. The brushes on the E20 are tangle-free (putting it among the top of the list of the best robot vacuums for pet hair in our view), and when it detects a carpet, it switches its power up to provide the maximum suction.
It also features a fully-functional app control using the Mi Home app and is compatible with Alexa, iOS and Android. A solid and very affordable entry all around. Here are its main features.
- This product claims to be 30% faster than other vacuum cleaning robots
- Can tackle complicated environments using an intelligent mapping system
- Very powerful 1,800pa suction
- Capable of vacuuming and mopping your floors at the same time
- Comes with a 1-year warranty
- Slows down before bumping into an obstacle making it safe to use when pets and children are around
- Can run for 100 minutes so you can clean your home in one single charge
- The filter’s washable design extends its life, saving you from replacing it frequently
- Has a drawer-type removal that avoids spillage
- Some customers have not been satisfied with the suction power of this product
- Other customers have said that the robot is unable to communicate with the app at times
SHARK ION Robot Vacuum R75 WiFi-Connected, Voice Control Dual-Action, Carpet and Hard Floors, Works with Alexa (RV750)
Shark is already renowned for making high-quality conventional vacuum cleaners and the R75 is their foray into the robot vacuum cleaner market. Keeping up with the competition, it comes equipped with an app that can communicate with Amazon’s Alexa and lets you create cleaning schedules or send you maintenance alerts. If you are someone who has pets, you would be delighted to know that it features a detangling technology that can untangle strings and long hair, saving you the trouble.
This detangling feature, among others, are what makes it a solid robot vacuum for pet hair cleaning. Here are some of its main features:
- It has a lithium-ion battery that provides up to 100 minutes of uninterrupted cleaning
- The low-profile design makes sure that it can get under the furniture easily
- Is able to seamlessly navigate floors and obstacles
- Comes pre-loaded with a lot of accessories
- Can be run using Alexa voice commands
- Works seamlessly on thin carpets or hard floors
- The presence of a large bin means you don’t have to clean it every now and then
- Easy to use, can be used via a smartphone
- Some customers have said that its cleaning patterns can be a bit random
eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 11S Robot Vacuum Cleaner, Super-Thin, Quiet, Self-Charging, Cleans Hard Floors to Pet Hair and Medium-Pile Carpets
The Robovac 11s features an attractive, super-slim design that sets it apart from the competition on the market. Apart from the power button, the product does not have any other functions, but it comes with a fully-functional remote control which lets you set a cleaning schedule. The robot offers a quiet operation with a strong 1300pa suction power. Here are the 11S’s main features.
- Slim, attractive design
- Equipped with BoostIQ technology and a 3-point system
- Very quiet operation
- Can glide under most sofas and beds easily
- Can easily climb over door ledges
- Can clean for up to 100 minutes per charge
- Very easy to set up and use
- Very attractive price for a product in its category
- Some customers have complained that the product stopped working after a few days of operation
- Could be a deterrent for some because of its lack of Wi-Fi
Amarey Robotic Vacuum Cleaner, Long Lasting, Timer, Self-Charging, Multiple Cleaning Modes for Pet Hair, Hard Floor, Carpet
For a budget robot vacuum, the Amarey offers incredible suction power at 1400 pa which puts it at par with some medium to top-tier models by other manufacturers. It features a slim and stylish design that will remind you of the eufy model but is incredibly quiet for a vacuum this powerful. This model boasts of a superior navigation system and can also take care of pet hair quite easily. So can this be considered one of the best robot vacuums for pet hair? Well, let’s find out!
- Has 4 cleaning features, namely Edge Cleaning, Spot Cleaning, Max and Automatic
- Uses washable filters so you don’t need to replace them frequently
- Can perform cleaning operations for up to 100 minutes in one go
- Can smoothly transition from carpet to hardwood floor or vice versa
- Very easy to use and very effective for cleaning pet hair
- Compared with other products in the same category, this is well-priced
- Smooth and silent operation
- Has a large dustbin which means uninterrupted cleaning
- Some customers may find the multiple cleaning modes a bit confusing
- Lack of Wi-Fi connectivity could be a deterrent for some customers
No more countless hours wasted cleaning pet hair from the floor – with any of the units above, which we consider each to be the best robot vacuum for pet hair, you’ll be on your way to an effortlessly clean home, leaving you with more time to enjoy what truly matters.
We’ve also written a guide focusing specifically on dog hair, be sure to read it by clicking below:
I hope you’ve enjoyed the guide and as always – thank you for reading!