As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. All claims are strictly my personal opinion.
Long, lush and beautiful, long hair is the pride of many people all over the world but if you’re one of them, you know better than anyone just how much of it will get all over the place, especially the floor. They can be a pain to pick up and you have to do it regularly to keep the floors pristine but nowadays there’s a quicker, easier way to do that – robots! In this guide, we’ll be taking a look at our personal picks for the best robot vacuums for long hair, all of which have shown, during our robot vacuum reviews and testing, unique features that make them excel at cleaning up long hair. They’re a surefire way to achieve clean floors all day, everyday, no matter how long your hair is.
Let’s take a look at the top units and find the right one for you!
Best Robot Vacuum for Long Hair Reviews
Let’s take a thorough look at all the units that are, in our opinion, the best robot vacuums for long hair – this will make it easy for you to find the perfect one.
iRobot Roomba 980 Robot Vacuum- Wi-Fi Connected Mapping, Works with Alexa, Ideal for Pet Hair, Carpets, Hard Floors
People expect a lot from iRobot products and the Roomba 980 is no exception. And if you have been wary of long hair that often gets tangled and jams the cleaner, you can breathe easy. That is because the 980 is equipped with tangle-free extractors that work towards preventing just that, making it in our opinion one of the best robot vacuum cleaners for long hair.
- 3-Stage Cleaning System and 10x suction on carpets and rugs
- Shows maps of areas cleaned
- Long battery life can last up to 2 hours
- Superior Dirt Detection technology
- Schedule, supervise and verify tasks from anywhere
- Prevent hair and debris jams easily
- Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa integration
- Very easy to use
- The 980 can get too noisy sometimes
- Could be too expensive for some potential buyers
Roborock S5 Robotic Vacuum and Mop Cleaner, 2000Pa Suction, Wi-Fi Connectivity and Smart Navigation for Pet Hair, Carpet & Hard Floor
This classy-looking robot from Roborock packs in features that one sees only in high-end vacuum cleaners. And what surprised me was the competitive price that it was available for. The vacuum and mop cleaners (two operations for the price of one!) can glide effortlessly over all floor types and are compatible with iOS, Android and support Alexa.
- Comes with a 12-month warranty
- Equipped with a 5,700 mAh battery
- Uses real-time maps for navigation
- iOS, Android and Alexa compatibility
- Can work for up to 150 minutes
- Slim profile for easy cleaning under beds
- Great value for money
- Great suction power, ideal for long hair
- The product fails to dock itself sometimes
- Inconsistent performance
iRobot Roomba 960 Robot Vacuum – Wi-Fi Connected Mapping, Works with Alexa, Ideal for Pet Hair, Carpets, Hard Floors
The name Roomba has become synonymous with robot vacuum cleaners over the years. What I like about the 960 is that it packs 5x power that can clean long hair and debris without getting tangled. It can clean as much as 99% of allergens and map its surroundings while it does so. So, is this the best robot vacuum for long hair? In our view, it can certainly be considered a serious contender.
- Multi-surface dual brushes
- Features 5x power
- Catches 99% of allergens
- The robot can map its surroundings via a navigation system
- Smart surface detection
- Extremely low-maintenance
- Tasks can be scheduled using the iRobot Home app
- Saves a lot of time and effort
- Some consider the 75-minute battery life too short
- Others do not have much to say about the customer service
This is one of my favorite picks because of the way it handles hair, making it, in my opinion, one of the best robot vacuum cleaners for long hair. If you have never used a robot vacuum cleaner, you can give this one a try for its user friendliness. This robot’s suction power is great and comes with features that are well rounded.
- Comes with a 2-year limited warranty
- Cleaning for the whole week can be scheduled
- Can be used in 3 modes — Quick Clean, Touch-up and Auto
- Has an auto-recharge feature
- Equipped with a UV-C cleaning mode
- Very effective for cleaning long hair
- Comes with many accessories
- Very competitively priced
- Has a tendency to keep getting stuck
- The product could be too loud for some
The EV675 is capable of cleaning long hair and debris even from the edges and corners with a feature called the Triple Action Cleaning System. Unlike other products listed here, the EV675 can be controlled via a remote and does not have Wi-Fi capability. To prevent it from tumbling down the stairs, it is equipped with smart sensors.
- Excellent pattern navigation
- Cliff detection for preventing falls from ledges
- Lightweight and compact design
- Long-lasting battery
- Useful on a variety of surfaces
- Has a low profile
- 100 minutes of uninterrupted operation
- Cost-effective and very easy to use
- Charging time may be too long for some
- Some have claimed that the suction is too weak
SHARK ION Robot Vacuum R75 WiFi-Connected, Alexa, Voice Control Dual-Action Robotic Vacuum Carpet and Hard Floor Cleaner (RV750)
The R75 can work with Alexa for voice control to help you schedule tasks. If you are tired of long hair strewn everywhere, you would be thrilled to know that it features a detangling technology that can untangle strings and long hair. And this robot comes with a number of accessories that include 9 feet of bot boundary and cleaning tools.
- The powerful battery can run to 100 minutes
- Navigate floors and obstacles seamlessly
- Comes loaded with accessories
- Can get under the furniture easily
- Has a large dustbin
- Compatible with Alexa voice commands
- Easy to use, can be used via a smartphone
- Works equally fine on thin carpets or hard floors
- Inconsistent performance
- Some have reported bug issues with the Wi-Fi system
eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 30, Super-Thin 1500Pa Suction, Boundary Strips Included, Quiet, Self-Charging Robotic Vacuum Cleaner
I find the suction on this beast quite powerful. Other things I like about this robot are the full 100 minutes of cleaning and the super quiet operation it offers. As a big bump from its predecessors, it is now compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant. The 0.6-liter dustbin allows you to run the vacuum for longer periods of time without needing to empty it.
- Comes with a 12-month warranty
- Can clean for up to 100 minutes
- Great 1,500 Pa suction power
- Equipped with dual-hall sensors
- Silent operation thanks to brushless motors
- Comes with a lot of accessories
- Google Assistant and Alexa integration
- Everything can be handled via a smartphone
- The product stopped working after a few uses for some
- Inconsistent operation without a Wi-Fi connection
With these by your side, you won’t have to worry about picking up long stray hairs anymore. With tailor-made features, smart design choices and outstanding capabilities to deal with this specific task, they are – in our opinion – the best robot vacuums for long hair for a reason.
We hope you’ve found the guide useful and that you were able to find your brand new long hair robot cleaner! Be sure to leave a comment below to tell us what you think and as always, have a great day!